Saturday 24 May 2014

"Courtney Chats" with: Gemma Kate

Anytime I watch a YouTube video I always want to know more about the person and their life behind the camera-why they began YouTube, their deepest, darkest secrets and their favourite products.Unless they do a 400 question tag, some questions can be left unanswered. That is why, I am beginning a new segment on this blog called "Courtney Chats". Each month/fortnightly, I will sit down with a YouTuber and get them to answer 10 questions that I, and I am sure many others, are dying to know. 

To kick things off, I chat with the lovely Gemma Kate from the Australian beauty guru circuit. Gemma does a variety of videos from  makeup & beauty to  fashion related and DIYs (the girl saved me when it came to my muck up day costume!) and a whole bunch of hauls! Read on to see what she had to spill.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------


How did you get started with YouTube?
When I finished High School I didn’t end out going to University like all my other friends as I wasn’t sure what I wanted to study so I just started working Full time. Although I was busy working full time I found myself with spare time after work and thought I needed to get a hobby. I had been watching YouTube videos for years and had developed a real passion for beauty and thought why not make my own channel

What was the first video you ever made?
It was a June favorites video, however I made it on the first of June so I’m not sure I really understood the concept of the favorites thing.

How do you balance your YouTube channel/social life/schooling/homework/work etc.?
Well since I work full time I don’t have any homework so editing and working on my YouTube channel kind of becomes my homework. However I am a super organized person in general so always find it easy to balance my social life, work and YouTube.

Any tricks and tips out there for young girls out there wanting to begin their own channel?
Honestly, practice makes perfect. For me, talking to the camera came really naturally but the editing didn’t. So I spent hours on end just editing videos and practicing how to make them flow and make them easy on the eye. If you are not as comfortable in front of the camera I would suggest just sitting down and talking to the camera to get used to it.

How did you tell your family/friends about your videos? How did they react?
My parents didn’t really understand the concept and I still think they don’t, haha! But my friends and boyfriend were super supportive and my extended family thought it was really great and always tell me they love my videos.

What’s next in your YouTube career?  Any exciting projects coming out? Blogs?
I am just working on expanding my channel and branching out with vlogs, cooking videos and other beauty videos. I am also always working on my editing to make my videos even better.

Favourite drugstore product?
That is a really hard one. I love the covergirl smoochies, but I wish Australia had more colours of them. The rimmel wake me up concealer is also awesome! But the australis powder takes the cake. Its incredible, so smooth, not cakey and it is just PERFECT!

Favourite high end product?
It would have to be my Nars Laguna Bronzer. It is just perfect for contouring and bringing a bronzed look to the face.  It is so worth the money and lasts ages as there is heaps of product.

One skincare item you cannot live without?
The formula 10.0.6 smooth operator and creamy face wash! Well actually the whole formula 10.0.6 line is freaking awesome! I adore all the products in that range and they have just made my skin so soft and smooth. I honestly recommend that everyone checks them out!

If you could have a dinner party and invite any 3 people from YouTube, who would they be and why?
I would invite funforlouis as it would be awesome to hear about all his adventures and just chat to him as he has a great outlook on life. I would also invite Shay Carl and Katilette from the Shaytards as they have such an interesting life and would love to hear all about their faith and the way they live their life.


Gemma's latest video as at 23/5/2014


You can also find Gemma on her numerous social networking sites: 
Instagram: gemmma10 / gemmakatebeauty


If you are a YouTuber or know of a YouTuber that you would want to be seen featured on the next segment of "Courtney Chats", please do not hesitate to shoot me an email with their YouTube channel. Thanks in advance. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
C O N T A C T  M E 

Instagram: @ccccccourtney 
Email: courtneyjaneclark@hotmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment